BOSTON CREAM PIEPosted: 17 February 2013
- add one more egg (or add two additional if you want it to be really rich)
- double the oil amount, but use melted butter instead of oil
- use milk instead of water
And this is the recipe for her BOSTON CREAM PIE:
- 1 pkg yellow cake mix (18 1/4 oz)
- 1 1/2 c cold milk
- 1 pkg instant vanilla pudding mix (3.4 oz)
- 2 oz unsweetened chocolate
- 2 Tbsp butter
- 1 c confectioners’ sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 -3 Tbsp hot water
Preheat oven to 350.
- Prepare cake batter according to package directions (see how I altered the directions below). Divide between two greased and floured 9-in round baking pans.
- Bake at 350 for 28-33 minutes or until the cake springs back when lightly touched. Cool for 10 minutes before removing cake from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes. Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. Cover and refrigerate. In a microwave or heavy saucepan, melt chocolate and butter; stir until smooth. Stir in confectioners’ sugar, vanilla and enough water to achieve a thick glaze; set aside.
To assemble, place one cake layer on a serving plate; spread with pudding. Top with the second cake layer. Spoon chocolate glaze over the top, allowing it to drip down the sides of cake. Refrigerate until serving.