Lemon Drizzle MuffinPosted: 23 February 2013
This is the first muffin recipe I found online that I am truly happy about! The product was very light, fluffy and not too sweet! I even made a non-dessert loving friend like it!
P.S. grating lemon was not my favorite part of the process (I never realized it will be that hard – and then my husband told me that cheese graters like knives also gets dull – palm to face moment)
- 220g plain flour
- 125g caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon bicarb of soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 85g butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 80ml lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon zest
Preparation method Prep: 20 mins | Cook: 20 mins
- Line a 12 cup muffin tin with paper cases.
- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat the egg, yoghurt, butter and lemon juice. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened. Take care not to overmix.
- Fill muffin cases 2/3 full. Bake at 200 C / Gas 6 for 20-24 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes; leave muffins in tin. Using a skewer, poke 6-8 holes in each muffin.
- In a saucepan, combine the lemon drizzle ingredients. Cook and stir over low heat until sugar is dissolved. Spoon over warm muffins.