Bailey’s Irish Cream CupcakesPosted: 18 March 2013
Made these babies over the weekend for an adult dinner we went to. Of course my kids tagged along but with kuya not so crazy with mommy’s chocolate cupcakes anyway I was sure he wasn’t gonna want to taste this one. I was delighted when the cupcakes turned out moist (that’s how i like my cupcakes). The big disappointment was I bought the wrong whipped cream, the recipe called for heavy whipping cream, the closest I could find was thick whipped cream I thought it was the same but the frosting turned out to me runny…so next time I make this, I will make sure I get the correct ingredients. I think the group liked it or they may be just good actors hihi
Here is the recipe I borrowed from food.com
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup bailey irish cream
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup bailey irish cream (or more to taste – I tend to use 1/8 cup!!)
- Cake: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg, oil, buttermilk, liqueur, coffee together.
- Add to the dry ingredients; beat together for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into greased/floured 10″ springform pan or 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutues for the springform or 25 to 30 minutes for the 9×13- or until done.
- Frosting: beat ingredients together until stiff.
- Turn cake out onto a plate and frost with whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate curls.
The recipe was for cake but I decided to make cupcakes so that it would be easy for them to eat it but with the runny frosting it got a little messy. I forgot to take photos of my products – believe me I’m kicking myself for not getting any.