Made these babies over the weekend for an adult dinner we went to. Of course my kids tagged along but with kuya not so crazy with mommy’s chocolate cupcakes anyway I was sure he wasn’t gonna want to taste this one. I was delighted when the cupcakes turned out moist (that’s how i like my cupcakes). The big disappointment was I bought the wrong whipped cream, the recipe called for heavy whipping cream, the closest I could find was thick whipped cream I thought it was the same but the frosting turned out to me runny…so next time I make this, I will make sure I get the correct ingredients. I think the group liked it or they may be just good actors hihi
Here is the recipe I borrowed from food.com
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups flour
- 1 3/4 cups sugar
- 3/4 cup cocoa
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 egg
- 2/3 cup oil
- 3/4 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup bailey irish cream
- 1 cup strong black coffee
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/4-1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup bailey irish cream (or more to taste – I tend to use 1/8 cup!!)
- Cake: Sift dry ingredients together.
- Beat egg, oil, buttermilk, liqueur, coffee together.
- Add to the dry ingredients; beat together for about 3 minutes.
- Pour into greased/floured 10″ springform pan or 9×13 pan.
- Bake at 350 for 35 to 40 minutues for the springform or 25 to 30 minutes for the 9×13- or until done.
- Frosting: beat ingredients together until stiff.
- Turn cake out onto a plate and frost with whipped cream mixture.
- Sprinkle with chocolate curls.
The recipe was for cake but I decided to make cupcakes so that it would be easy for them to eat it but with the runny frosting it got a little messy. I forgot to take photos of my products – believe me I’m kicking myself for not getting any.